April 17, 2009

Growing and Growing

Miles had his 2 month appointment last monday and Lacey had her 18 month appointment as well. I was pretty impressed with myself that I planned it out to happen that way ; )

1) Miles

He weighed 11 pounds 3 oz and was a whopping 24 inches long. I think his weight to length ratio was somewhere around the 3rd percentile. Poor kid, long and skinny!

He is sleeping 6-8 hours at night. Usually more around the 6 hour mark, but we occasionally get an 8 hour stretch in there.

He is a tummy sleeper, like I previously mentioned, and I surprisingly didn't get much grief about this from the doctor.

He got his DTaP and Rotavirus shots. We'll go back next month for a shot only visit where he will get the other 2.

He is pretty much in all 3-6 months clothes, thanks to his length.

Miles is a GROUCH when he wakes up in the morning (or from anything). He won't open his eyes and just screams. I am already looking forward to getting him up and ready for school.

He is finally starting to be more content for longer than 3 minutes at a time and wow are my arms happy! I am truly amazed of everything you can do one-handed.

2) Lacey

Lacy weighed in at just over 23 pounds and was 32 inches tall. Pretty much right smack in the middle of the charts of everything.

We read a lot of books, her favorites are rhyming books or picture books. She is starting to put 2-3 words together and repeat things we say, which is adorable, but a little scary.

We get to experience temper tantrums now. Usually when we are coming in from outside, going in the stroller when she wants to walk, or going down for a nap. Thankfully they usually don't last long.

She has a cold right now and is teething so she has been a handful last week.

She loves fruit and veggies and hates meat. Same as its always been, even when I was pregnant.

3) Me

I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight and in all my old clothes : )

I'm ready to start running again. Do you know how much work it is pushing an 18month old and a 2 month old while walking? Running should be interesting and I will let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. That is exactly what colin was, 23 1/2 pounds and 32 3/4 in.

    ReplyDelete