March 29, 2009

Today has been better

I decided a few things after yesterday's post.

1) It REALLY bothers me when Lacey doesn't nap. She still needs a nap and I still need a break.

2) We often put her PBK chair up next to her bed to discourage her from climbing out. This suddenly is making her very upset. So today I didn't even bother putting it there.

3) She is also determined to read books before naptime.

Read books.

Alone.

In her bed.

So rather than putting her to bed and then having her determined to get out of bed and go sit on the floor and read books, today I put some in her bed with her.

10 minutes of reading and she was asleep.

I'm just trying to roll with the punches (and I am secretly, or not so secretly, thrilled that she loves to read).

Annie

1 comment:

  1. Our kids are really similar, I wish we lived closer! I'm so glad that she loves books. Which are her favorites? For books in the crib, Colin is loving those word books with a page full of pictures and words identifying the pictures. He looks and looks and looks at those. What is Lacey liking?

    ReplyDelete