March 5, 2009

the logistics of shopping

Baby Bunching realization #1.

A simple Target trip will never be the same again. Two kids in one cart is not the easiest thing. I either can put Lacey in the seat and the whole carseat in the basket, or I can put the carseat up front and Lacey in the basket. Either way I don't have room for groceries, and I am going to have a child trying to climb out of the cart (or at the very least throw things out of the cart). I just can't bring myself to use one of those huge carts with the built in seats quite yet. I think she would try to get out of it anyway.

I'd wear Miles on me, if it wasn't so cold out, but right now I just can't take him out of the seat before getting inside.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. cave on the "semi-truck" carts. it's the only way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. We did baby bjorn with Elly and Cameron in the basket until she was too big for it. Now, I don't go to Target with both of them unless I need only a handful of things. Then I put Cam in the cart and Elly in the basket! Poor guy. He wriggles out of the ginormous sit-up seat ones, though. Once it gets warmer - MUCH easier.

    ReplyDelete